Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pasta Soup With Chicken, Mushrooms, Bokchoy And Wakame Seaweed




I did warn you about my obsession with this particular type of pasta (casarecce) and this is what I whipped up when I wanted something quick and comforting during a wet and windy afternoon.

The casarecce soaked up just enough of the tasty hot broth in their cavities, making each mouthful a very pleasant experience on a 8 degree day. If you are not convinced or are unable to find casarecce simply replace it with Shanghai noodles or homemade hand-cut noodles, after all the pasta was a replacement for noodles in the first place.

Have a great weekend and remember to come back for a very delicious Malaysian dish that is very close to my heart, see you then!



recipe from the tummies' kitchen
recipe per serve
you'll need;
1 cup of cooked casarecce or pasta of your choice
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 chicken thigh, sliced and marinated with a little soy, pepper, sesame oil and corn flour
2 chinese mushrooms, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes then sliced
1 bokchoy or Asian green of your choice, sliced
1.5 l of stock
2 tbs of wakame seaweed
dash of white pepper
dash of sesame oil
cut chili in soy to serve



Marinate the chicken and finish off the chopping and slicing.



Saute garlic with a little oil then add in the  chicken and mushroom and continue to cook for 30 seconds.



Add stock and allow the content to come to a simmer.



Add cooked pasta and wakame and simmer for a minute or until the seaweed has expanded.



Finally add the sliced bokchoy and cook until slightly wilted, add a dash of sesame oil and white pepper and check for seasonings.



Serve the warming bowl of noodles with some cut chili in soy on the side.

8 comments:

  1. I know it has been so cold and this looks like a good meal on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish brings back memory of Ban Mien and yes, a perfect dish for a cold wintery day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recipe and it's perfect for our Olympic theme at The Soup Kitchen this month.

    You are welcome to join in my monthly food blogger event THE SOUP KITCHEN, here for entry details and current theme offering a new theme each month. All bloggers are welcome, hope to see you participate soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely idea and i am sure its super filling... :-) great blog... do visit me http://cooklikepriya.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've recently been making a lot of pasta soup with casarecce, too! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. reminds me of handmade noodles! a much simpler and faster alternative though, but I trust just as yummy. first time seeing this sort of pasta though, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog always makes me hungry looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. not the greatest fan of mushrooms, but if its served that way, I would probably gobble all that up :)


    psilocybe cubensis syringe

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin